Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Tamil Romantic movies.. Feb 14, 2012

Have you ever snuck into your blanket with a bowl of popcorn, a box of tissues and a bunch of your favourite romantic movies? Have you ever cried your heart out over a broken love story? And most importantly – Have you ever wished your life was a movie where you knew that no matter what happens, there will always be a happily ever after?

Well, I have. And this Valentine’s Day I intend to do justice to those good movies, when love is still in the air.


But how long are we going to cling on to When Harry met Sallys, The Notebooks,Roman holidays and Forrest Gumps? Aren't we good enough to make nice romance movies, just Indian, in Tamil? 






When I thought about it, I just ended up with very few good Tamil movies which passes (in my own judgement) as romantic ones, which do not take the matter too seriously (eg: Gunaa). Many are overly melodramatic (Athu oru kanaa kaalam, Kaadal), overly red-ink-kakking (Vazhve maayam, Vasantha Maligai - see vas.maligai link) ones. Instead of feeling good about it, I usually end up being confused thinking about these movies. 

I just don't know people can take something like this seriously: "Nee whisky-a thaana kudikka vendam nu solliruka? Veshaththa illayemmaaa!" 



So I thought of polling it out with you guys. I have made a list of 20 movies which passed my threshold of good romantic (love) movies. Please poll for the Best Romance in Tamil Cinema for the sake of Tamil Cinema and me!


You can choose top three from the list and can also add your own choice, if you felt that I have missed something here.




And one more poll to choose the Best worst Tamil romantic movie. You have only one choice here.


Happy Valentine's day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment